A tale of Bang Oren
Initially, I wanted to post cat stories in a chronological order. So, I was supposed to write a story about Catto's accident. However, I can't. It was quiet a hard time for me and it still hurts everytime I think about it. I write other story instead.
In the course of time when Catto was still in the healing process after the accident, he adopted three kittens. Those kittens are Ruby's and Bang Oren's. Ruby at that time was just a cat that came often to our yard, even before Catto was born. She gave birth at least twice in our yard. I don't know the details about her previous deliveries. But, I was made aware of this particular delivery, because I have already adopted Catto. So, since they would stay in the same yard, it became my concern.
Ruby gave birth to Latte, Mocca and Espresso - a.k.a Starbucks. At first, Ruby didn't trust Catto to be around her kittens. Catto was basically still a toddler himself, he was still very playful. Catto wanted to wrestle, to bite, you know, the playful cat fight thing. But Catto hadn't learnt to control his power, so oftenly, he was a bit too rough for smol Starbucks.
To be honest, I don't want more cats in our yards. For me, Catto is enough. But I couldn't shoo Ruby away and moreover Catto likes to play with Starbucks.
Actually, apart from her frequent pregnancy, Ruby is a nice cat. So, I let her stay but she had to be neuteured. For that, she had to stay for four days in the animal hospital. During this time, smol Catto took the responsibility to take good care of Starbucks. Since then, Ruby started to allow Catto to play with Starbucks. Though, she had to hiss on Catto whenever he played too harsh with Starbucks.
My Mom doesn't really like Bang Oren, cos he peed and pooped in the front yard. And my mom said, Bang Oren was smelly. Although, Contrary to his look and smell, Bang Oren was actualy quite thoughtful towards Ruby. He always waited patiently until Ruby's done eating, then he would eat. I think, Bang Oren oftens comforted Ruby too during her tough times. Bang Oren usually didn't stay long at the yard, he just came by once in a while to check on Ruby, Starbucks and also Catto.
Once Starbucks were big enough, Bang Oren started to take Starbucks to explore the world at night. Of course, Catto wanted to join them also. The more day, the later they returned home. I was worried sick. Catto was not supposed to go wandering outside. He was still on his therapy after the accident. But Starbucks were so rascals and Catto was so curious about the outside world.
My nerve was at peak. Every day I was worried sick about Catto whenever he had not returned home. So, we decided to move Catto, Starbucks and Ruby to the side yard. Basically blocking them from getting outside. But Ruby is a street cat, she can't stand staying in a confined area. Presumably, Catto and Starbucks too, but I don't care. We let Ruby out and occasionaly tried to bring Ruby to the side yard to visit Starbucks. But, she always got so stressed in the side yard, that she forgot about Starbucks.
Unfortunately we had to separate Ruby from her kittens. Because I have to block Catto from going outside. And Catto has been so closed with Starbucks, I could not separate them. Ruby seemed to be sad about this fact. During this time, Bang Oren came often and stayed longer to comfort and accompany her.
Then I planned to administer Rabies vaccination for Bang Oren. My driver brought Bang Oren to the animal hospital. Somehow, Bang Oren managed to flee as they were still outside the hospital. I was so upset. The animal hospital is like 5 km away from our home. It is definitely outside his territory. Bang Oren had never returned since then.




Comments